Thursday, November 24, 2005

Macy's...

Several of Broadway's biggest hits were featured on Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning... and here's a recap...

SWEET CHARITY
I am not a huge fan of this show... or the current production... but I was pleasantly suprised by Christina Applegate. That's a long way from MARRIED WITH CHILDREN. Good for you...

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
I LOVE Norbert Leo Butz. Love him. It's too bad his big Tony Award winning number had to be sensored (it has some clever lyrics that are not appropriate for national television)... in its full form, it's brilliant. Butz had fun, though... as usual... and seemed to even make fun of the fact that he had to change so much...
If you are ever in NYC check this show out. Butz is electrifying... and so is his partner in crime (literally) John Lithgow. They are a winning comedy team (watch out Lane and Broderick)...
It's worht seeing.
But hurry, Lithgow leaves the show in January...

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
Raul Esparza, where in the hell were you? You are one of my favorites and you're a no show? Lame. You understudy (Chicago actor Rick Hilsabeck) rocked, though... and so did Erin Dilly (who I believe could be the next Julie Andrews).
{I saw Rick Hilsabeck in the Chicago production of RAGTIME. He
was a brilliant Henry Ford. Hilsabeck was also in the ill-fated
pre-Broadway try out of Sondheim's BOUNCE...}

JERSEY BOYS
I am so excited about this show. I can't wait for this soundtrack!
I have watched several clips and medleys now... and this looks like the real thing. A "jukebox musical" (please don't shoot me for using the term) that actually works. These four guys are incredible. Keep a close eye on this show... I think it will be a hit (unlike similar shows LENNON and GOOD VIBRATIONS). Watch out MAMMA MIA... the BOYS are in town...

...and Broadway doll and current WEST WING cast member KRISTIN CHENOWETH was adorable! Her rather classical rendition of the title song from OKLAHOMA was... ok, I will use the word... "darling." Yes, absolutely darling. I think we will be married some day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home