Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Keep It Gay?

One of the reviews came out for SANTALAND today. It was rather amusing. Remember when MVP shows were TOO gay? Not anymore... they are not gay enough. Apparently, our production of SANTALAND DIARIES was too straight? Look, I know author David Sedaris is gay. Everyone who is a Sedaris fan knows this. It's not a big secret. His work, however, does not have homo written all over it.... and I don't think that aspect of this hilarious work should be played up. It's not a gay satire. SANTALAND is simply story of a man who once worked as en elf at Macy's. Yes, it's the account of Sedaris' personal experience... but I don't think the actor is to actually become Sedaris. It's a performance piece. A stand up act. A one man show with a rather funny and often touching story of one man's journey into Macy's SANTALAND... not "I-Suck-Some-Serious-Dick-LAND."

Check out the review: www.rcreader.com

I really hate critics who let their own "personal preference" (or whatever they call it these days) get in the way of their enjoyment of a show. It always has to be an issue...

I guess that means that everytime I watch ANGELS IN AMERICA (one of my favorite films... and yes, I call it a film not a series... a whole other issue we'll get into later)... so, everytime I watch ANGELS I will detest it because there an utter lack of straight people involved... ? Yank.

Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home