Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's only been 5 years, Mr. Stone...

I called it 5 years ago. I told a buddy of mine, "In less than 5 years someone like Spielberg or Stone will make all of this into a movie." And what's happened? Stone's new picture WORLD TRADE CENTER is opening across the nation next week.

I think it's too soon.

I just finished watching the trailer for the Nicolas Cage vehicle. It's really... really... scary? Almost too real? I don't know. I can't explain it...
I guess on one hand, kudos to the director and design team for recreating something like that and on the other, I have to ask, "what the fuck were you thinking?" I literally had goose bumps within the first 8 seconds of it. I am talking I-just-grew-a-beard-in-2-seconds kind of goose bumps. This trailer features one of the most haunting images I have ever seen on film... you have to see it to really understand what I am talking about.

Bravo on what looks like a very moving motion picture.

It's not been long enough, however, for me to really enjoy it...

I did not see UNITED 93 and I doubt I see this. In the years to come, perhaps... but not now.

CHECK OUT THE CLIP AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809260612/trailer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home