Monday, March 06, 2006

OSCAR reaction...

Initially I was going to go on a huge rant about my disappointment with the Academy Awards... but I think it's a waste of time. The article I posted earlier today from the LA Times sums it up... of course it sums it up without the phrases "WHAT THE FUCK" or "HOW IN THE HELL"... and I think I can live with that. I think.

Moving on... a few things...

BEST PICTURE
I will refrain from going on and on about CRASH winning Best Picture...
We all know it DID NOT deserve it. BROKEBACK did.
That's all I will say. :)

SONG
Three-Six Mafia? Yes, their excitement was refreshing... but I will quote John Stewart and say "Martin Scorsese 0 Oscars, Three-Six Mafia 1." That's sad. I think that says it all right there.

JOHN STEWART
Loved him. He was brilliant. Let's have him back next year... (as if it were my choice)...

JACK NICHOLSON
Always a classic. I really enjoyed how suprised he looked when CRASH won. That was priceless. Still... I have to think... was he joking? Hmmm...
In my mind I will always think so.

FOREIGN FILM
Come on... show some clips. Excuse me Academy producers... yeah, you voted CRASH your best picture of the year... didn't you learn anything from it?
Oh, and give them some time to talk. Fuck! You give Three-Six Mafia and Dolly Parton 8 minutes, but an award winner only 38 seconds? Bullshit.

That's all for now. I may post some other thoughts later... but right now, I am still distraught over CRASH'S victory...
Oh well...

If you wish to read more Oscar reactions check out seanlearyblog.blogspot.com or IMDB (there is some funny shit on there)...

Best wishes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home